Tdi DIY Remap

Well after a lot of deliberating I decided to bite the bullet and remap the tdi myself. 

All of my local mappers wanted around £300 to do the job and after calling one of them and discovering that they just download a map from a supplier and flash it to your Ecu I decided that was definitely a job I could do myself. 

Blacksmoke.co.uk supply vag tdi maps and even offer to fix your Ecu for free if you bugger it up, plus they have a good reputation. 

So I ordered an MPPS lead from fleabay, loaded up the laptop and followed the instructions. 

I downloaded my original map and sent it to blacksmoke and that evening I received a modded file back. 

Today I plugged the PC into the car, held my breath and flashed the new file to my Ecu. The whole process took less that 5 mins. 

The 1st drive around town didn't feel much different from stock and even a bit dead below 1.5k, but out  onto the open road it's a totally different beast. 

Power begins at 1.5 and really kicks in just above 2k where it just keeps on pulling ?

I did a few 4th gear 50-70 blasts and it's a good 2 seconds faster. 

Its still early days but so far I am more than happy. 

I will report back in a few weeks with another update ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lupo3LDK said:

Any news?

I have been working locally for the last week and have only been out of town for a couple of drives.

So far I am more than happy with the map. It's a REALLY noticeable increase in power over stock. 

It's great from 2k upwards in all gears but the sweet spot seems to be 60-80 in 5th which it does in a blink. I am due to fill up with fuel in the next few days so I will be interesting to see if there's any change.

i have never had so many smiles for £45 :):):)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just filled up for the 2nd time since the new map and have had 55mpg for both tanks. So exactly the same as before. 

I have however been driving like a lunatic so the real mpg is probably better if anything ?

image.png

Edited by wehey

• 2 weeks later...

Think my ECU has "Locked it self" cant read it, sometimes MPPS can read the ECU, the VIN and Part number and all that, but it cant read it when you press F2...
I have tryed with the fuses out for the dash also.. -_-*

I heard somthing about taking the ECU out and connect it directly to the laptop, but dont know how and what cabel i should use