Passenger window - Dual switch failure

edt

Hi guys, the passenger window wont respond to the driver's switch. Is fine with its own switch.

Would first thing to change my the dual switch block? Does it pop out or would it need the door card removing?

It's most probably a switch failure. Nothing too big. You can change just the single switch. You will need to remove the door card, pop out the switch block and then lever the switch out. To be honest, it's not the easiest job in the world. I absolute gauged the underside of my switch block to shreds.... luckily, it's the underside ;) ;)

However, if you want to do some diagnostics, I would remove your door card, and switch the cables from one switch to the other, because it's possible that the loom by the bonnet release has come loose.

To be honest, it's not the easiest job in the world. I absolute gauged the underside of my switch block to shreds.... luckily, it's the underside ;) ;)

You didn't mention that to me :blink: (switch arrived today btw, thanks :) )

You didn't mention that to me :blink: (switch arrived today btw, thanks :) )

to be fair lol, other people have done it without damaging the under side plastic. I slipped with my flat scraper breaking the side plastic on the actual instrument panel itself, but what I quickly realized was that the clips which holds the switch secure is at the top, not the bottom so I can only assume the plastic sides are cosmetic..... Which is odd seeing as you literally cannot see it once the panel is back in the door card

If you go carefully, you'll be fine. Glad to hear your switches arrived.

You will need to remove the door card

Hi - expect it;s on here somewhere, but is the a 'removing door card' guide please?

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/15582-how-to-remove-your-upper-door-cards/?hl=%2Bremove+%2Bdoor+%2Bcards

Tbh that seems more complicated than when I did it, you probably don't need to bother removing the door release handle so long as you can work with the card still half attached to the door! I also didn't remove the door lock pin...

That guide is way over the top. Flick the handle out with a flat head or trim removal tool I'd you're posh. Remove the big Philips screws. Pull, sigh as you realize no matter how gentle you are, you inevitably break a couple of the plastic clips. Disconnect the control panel (needs a bit of strength), disconnect the bowden cable (it's just hooked on). Done.

Reinstallation is the opposite plus a trip to VW to buy ANOTHER set of clips (I'm literally putting the VW directors kids through university I buy them that often).