Programming new key,

Looking to programme a new key for the lupo.

I only have the single key,

Will be using the flip key from the rclick remote central locking key. (Does this already have a immobiliser chip inside or do I need to purchase one?)

I could take take the chip from the current key and put in the flip key but I'm wanting a spare.

How do i go about it myself?

Read online you need the 4 digit code which can be gained by using software called vagtacho??

Can you also programme the new key with vagtacho or do you need VCDS? (I have the freeware version of VCDS)

:thumbup:

Its a v reg, old style dash etc.

:)

OK, theoretically possible then. It'll be Immo2. You need a VAG-TACHO and a full VCDS. I won't tell you how to do that, but you don't necessarily need to pay.

Then you get your SKU from VAG-TACHO, and use it to enter the adaptation mode on VCDS. Adapt your key, and you're sorted.

You will need to buy an immobilizer chip yes.

On this subject, are all Lupos immo2? Mines a Y-2001 and I also only have one key and wanting another (remote one) + the emergency key! I'm not overly keen about paying £50ish for just the remote part but I would resent paying another £50+ for the key blade then half to one hours labour at the dealership to do a 10 minute job of coding it in! You can get the blades off eBay for a few ££'s but without a RFID chip (but with a hole for a glass/needle style one), am I right in thinking I could use any needle type immo 2 chip and code this and my original key to my car using the 4 digit SKC through VAGCOM? (isn't there a square plastic type too? Which keys will I find the correct glass ones in?).

Thanks

Hard to tell if Immo2 or Immo3 without getting the immobilizer out and looking, but some basic facts

All GTI are Immo3, so when I talk about Lupo's I mean all NON-GTi's...

Pretty much all Lupo's Before 2001 are Immo2

Some Lupo's in 2001-2002 are Immo3

Every Lupo after is almost certainly Immo3.

Immo2 is easy enough to make a key for using VAG-TACHO and VCDS. Immo3, much harder, almost certainly a dealer job unless you can get them to give your SKU, which they won't.

Edited by Skezza