wonder if i could still get it done under warenty as the car is only 10 months old confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> just a door strap shouldnt go in that space of time , has anybody else got an idea of what it could be ??? makes a nasty metal screatching noise when closing door

oh of course mate , make life more intresting u know wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Is the door strap making a click-click noise?

If so it's likely that the (plastic) bush where the pin holds it to the body has disintegrated.

The whole door strap mechanism costs 14 quid to replace. My lovely Dad turned up a new bush on his lathe for nowt. I love my Dad, me.

Two 10mm bolts hold the mechanism to the door, accessible through the hole in the door where the strap is.

You do not have to remove the speaker to access it, but you will have to slit the foam insert behind the door card to reach in for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Both my doors are doing this, so which parts will I need and does anyone have part numbers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The part number is stamped on the top of the strap so should be visible to you. It comes as a complete assembly.

My drivers door strap stared creaking last night...wonder if it is a coincidence of the heat and all the greese becoming soft and running off or if its just buggered?

Investigation this weekend methinks!

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI