20+BHP - 350 quid

mdubgti

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent them an email over the weekend as did a few others no reply as yet but ill be sure to let u kno wot they say smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Don't some of these places do a 'try before you buy' remap?

Seen it advertised for serial port remaps on TDI's before.

I'm very doubtful about getting 20bhp extra tbh.  Never seen that kind of gain from a N/A car with a remap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":cheers:" border="0" alt="cheers.gif" /> good idea - my mate had 4 hours on his S3 - i think that was through Revo.........

Would be intresting how well the rolling road was set up before the test was done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't really matter.

As long as the RR is consistent, it shouldn't be a problem. If the rolling road says a Lupo GTI puts out 400bhp before the chip, the only thing that's altered is the chipped software is uploaded, and it then puts out 450bhp on the rolling road, that's a 12.5% increase.

It doesn't matter that the actual BHP readout was way off, as long as it can reliably get the same BHP readout again and again. All you have to do then is take that 12.5% increase, find out what 12.5% on top of 125bhp is, and you can pretty reliably say your chip takes the car from 125bhp to 140.5bhp without actually having printouts of those figures off the rolling road.

Despite the fact the rolling road in my imaginary case output absurd figures, that method actually gives you a more accurate performance increase figure than doing the chip and then rolling-roading the car, where you have no idea how much power the car put out originally.

Incidentally, I don't want to disappoint you guys too much, but the website now says it's only a 10bhp increase laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

http://www.amdtechnik.com/products.variant.cfm?variantid=253

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

AmD's reply to me

Hello Tyler

Please excuse the mistake on the new web site for the Lupo tuning, the power increase is @10BHP and torque with this model. VW have tuned the cars very well from the factory and to get much higher gains does require a fairly expensive engine rebuild. The rolling road work we do optimises what the factory have already done, making for smoother power delivery and driveability.

We firstly run through the mechanical side of the car to ensure all is safe to run, we then carry out a full rolling road power test to check the car makes standard numbers, once all is found to be well then we modify the engine soft ware to suit and finally test again on the rolling road. We can then produce full before and after graphs of your cars outputs verifying the gains.

Ty this is what was Amd sent back to me

Daniel,

As with all of these late generation small normally aspirated engines, the gains we make are across the whole RPM band giving smooth linier power delivery. With the rolling road tuning work we do here it gives the car a bigger engine feel to it.

We hope you will find this of help to you.

Regards

AmD Sales team

www.amdtechnik.com

BTW I promise to post the dyno results, (good or bad) take pics and offer as much feedback as possible. Any particular questions anyone would like me to ask on the day...Just ask wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />