Lupo TDi - Project Red Mist

liam7200

Hi All

I picked up the misses Lupo TDI last night BEing more of a Jap guy having had 4 mx5's 2 turbos and 2 throttle bodied. I have no idea of VW lol So might need abit of help!! I am also dyslexic i will try my best but bare with me if anything annoys you about my grammar please refrain from commenting THANK YOU

Spec Below:

• Lupo TDI Sport 1.4 (107BHP 200 Torq) 1999 reg
  • 110kMiles
  • Lowered (coilovers)
  • Remapped
  • Straight through Exhaust
  • Vault meter
  • Boost Gauge (fitted but not working) Might need help with this.
  • Bad Boy Bonnet

Ok first things i notice on the 40mile journey back in RED was(if you could help with these please):

• Coil light flashing when driving and brake lights not working, these connecting in anyway? owner seemed to think so.

Now for the cosmetics:

• Roof Black (will be getting carbon fiber wrapped)
  • BadBoy Bonnet Black (will be getting sprayed back to red)
  • Bumper strips (these will be getting removed)
  • Bumper grill red ( these will be getting paint mat black or wrapped in carbon)
  • Filler Cap Black ( will be getting painted red)
  • Arosa Rear Light ( standard one put back on)

Interior

The Interior is pretty much standard other than

• Boost gauge and volt meter gauge panel (replaced the center fans)
  • Decent Stereo with sub and amp in the boot
  • Boost gauge will need plumbing in ( i have had alook at the engine and think it would be best to plumb this into the top of the intercooler, is this right?)

Pic below from Ebay as i haven't took any yet, if anyone know anything about the car please let me know, also if you could help and advise along the way please do.

Side Views

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Front

$_57.JPG

Console

$_57.JPG

The car actually stands better in real life, Cheers for looking

Liam

Edited by liam7200

It sounds like your clutch may have some slip in it. Just make sure its not wheel spin lol.

The clutch is super high on mine too but I've not got slippage. It's only a matter of time though. My brothers clutch is new and his is on the ground compared to mine.

Again my gearbox feels the same but my brothers is tighter. I'm sure they are some bushes and linkages you could tighten or replace but mine feels fine.

Sounding like a tractor well thats a tdi for you but as you say the straight through pipe wont help but so long as it's bearable its ok.

Yeah it atuali not that bad, today it got a nice wash will be swapping the light back over tomorrow hopefully.

The clutch is def slipping noticing it even more today, what clutches has everyone easy fit?

Yeah it atuali not that bad, today it got a nice wash will be swapping the light back over tomorrow hopefully.

The clutch is def slipping noticing it even more today, what clutches has everyone easy fit?

Standard oem one or ECP's similar. Usually Sachs or Luk and it will cope with a remapped tdi easily. You could maybe get something harsher but it makes it harder to drive.

Standard oem one or ECP's similar. Usually Sachs or Luk and it will cope with a remapped tdi easily. You could maybe get something harsher but it makes it harder to drive.

how easy are they to fit mate my mx5 where a peace of piss :)

Would a GTi bumper fit? They have flared wings and I would have thought the slam panel and rails would be different too

Hi if i can get one I'm going to be cutting it and modifying it with the original to make it fit fingers crossed lol, I have done this before with bike fairing so shouldn't be to hard famous last words lol :)

Rear bumper is pointless without the floorpan.

Spare wheel pan has been cut and welded now so all good :)

How much is Lupo TDI Sport Tax, i though they where 30 but just gone to tax it and it come up as 145 for 12 month? is this right?