New Stereo - Which one?.....HELP!

I've been dithering and doing around for the past few weeks over which stereo to buy for my Lupo.

After numerous trips to various stereo/audio shops, everytime I've come home empty handed sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

What headunits or stereo `set-ups` have people got or what does anyone recommend, as me being a typical girl I can't make decisions :sarc: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

`Short-listed` was Sony or Pioneer but if I'm convinced then other brands will be considered ??? (Bearing in mind the red/blue display in the lupo)

One person, who will go `un-named` (*cough cough* Robin!) told me I'm not allowed Pioneer simply coz Pioneer is too good for a cr*p car :sarc: not that I listened to that!

So suggestions please........... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There both good....

.....but i'd have to go with Alpine. Dont ever buy a sony, they are crap.

I bought the kenwood one cos that had the blue screen and red buttons for volkswagen. However, the screen stopped working yesterday so that needs to go back. I think my next head unit will be Alpine.

for an extra few quid u could have this cda9815rb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

to be honset i think thats a stupid amout to spend on a head unit.

i think this is a great buy cda9812rb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

£269.99

they are good as i have had two and they been brill, i have got the MP8400 with the wmv and mp3 player on it, been great!!

1021998818707deh_p8400mp_mf_overview.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

that unit isnt bad!! - thou look at the other crap there tryin to sell -

thou look at the cost!!

its a stupid amout of money when u could get a exc apline for a £100 cheaper .

Alpine always seem to get a good review for the sounds, and usually at a good price thoug I'd have to agree with Andy on the looks, ugly with a poor layout of cheap feeling rubbery buttons but probably the best sound quality for the price ???

my buttons feel far from rubbery !

ok if Apline r ***** looking and prob wouldnt buy one unless your were drunk.

lets see what ye say about this headunit !! -

ill only laff if some says its *****, cos ye know ****** all about what ice to buy ! cd700ii_new.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Nakamichi `CD-700`

Looks ***** but could guess at the price biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> had a full twin amp 12 speaker Boss setup in my last car so know it's not all about looks, rather spend it on my home system, acoustics in the car aren't going to be great.

Don't switch it on at night, that looks even worse biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Anyone get any ICE help for zippy in the thread below?

ok.... as my self and Crusoe stray from the topic once again.

i going to put the ball back in the court be4 Lynsey shoots me! cda9812rb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

all for £269.99

if some else can come up with a better unit for the price please post biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i going to put the ball back in the court be4 Lynsey shoots me! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ok - Lynsey, says she has about 3 play with.

Good boy Alan, getting back to the topic in question right in time for when I check up on progress biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yeah did I forget to say.....£300 max I think for a stereo, time to get the credit card up and running again :sarc: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

So which one should I buy again............Sony was it.... :sarc: :0 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Only joking!

Depends if you drive much after dark

I know Crusoe is taking the mick here, but he is right. Its important how the radio lights up.

edited my last post - £3 , changed it to £250

blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

well come on ppl !??