Lupo Throttle cable/gas pedal loose

FileMetro

Hi guys, I just turned 17 and got myself a Lupo 1.4 16V, have been driving it on a provisional until I pass my test, already done some work to it since it had been left for a couple of years in a garage.

However I've noticed that my gas pedal sits at about half the height of my brake/clutch pedals, if I put my foot under it and lift the pedal it will freely lift to the same height as the others, but as soon as I let go it drops back down to halfway. I was thinking it is the throttle cable? Been told that the throttle is electric though so I'm not too sure how to go about it, any suggestions?

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by FileMetro
Changing tags

UPDATE:

Found out my car uses a fly by throttle system rather than a drive by wire the hard way after pulling out the airbox. Removed the gas pedal and found someone had removed the throttle linkage (Picture below), and put it back on wrong making the cable too loose. Tomorrow I will have to pull out the in car fuse box and all surrounding obstscles to reach it since the mount for it is about 20cm above the pedal connection. Its a lot more difficult than it sounds. :( Ah well, I've gotta learn one way or another.

image.jpg

• 1 year later...