mpiloop

Getting messed around!

So I took out insurance with Autosaint and declared that I have aftermarket alloys, and explained they are 15x7 and 15x8 and they said they would insure it but it would cost more so I then agreed and paid the extra.

12 days down the line a mechanic came to fit a black box and then took some photos of the wheel and the rest of the car, sent the to the insurance company and then informed me that they refused to insure them! They are now telling me I have put wheel spacers on them, which I haven't and not declared it! So I'm unsure as to what to do!

Protest and explain you haven't put wheel spacers on. Eve offer for them to come down and see your car to prove it?

insurance companies are arseholes!! last year before i got my lupo, i had a punto the insurance company cancelled my insurance without telling me so i was driving around with no insurance for 2 weeks. all because i had a section of my exhaust replaced with one from a newer punto. absolutely ludacris!!!! hahaha we phoned them and compained ended out getting 3 months refunded :D

I did explain and the mechanic came to see and told me that I did have them! But now they've cancelled it i will have to declare cancelled insurance and find it harder to get insurance :/ bugger being 18

Edited by mpiloop

I did explain and the mechanic came to see and told me that I did have them! But now they've cancelled it i will have to declare cancelled insurance and find it harder to get insurance :/ bugger being 18

I would ring them up and keep fighting your corner that they have unlawfully cancelled your insurance through no fault of your own, as you have declared everything on the car. If it was me, I'd just keep at them.

I will i just don't really have any experience with insurance as its the first policy I've done myself. That's for the help guys! Will keep you updated invade anyone has a similar problem!