Wheel Spacers

ChrisHallam

Was thinking of getting 5-10mm wheel spacers but my dads told me that it's not a good idea and it may lead to some problems.

What are the Pros and Cons?

Are there any troubles that may come about with wheel spacers?

Cheers Chris

In that case you should have no issues, aslong as you buy proper hubcentric spacers and longer bolts and not the cheap spacers.. Before i had coilies i was lowered 60mm with et20 wheels and 5mm spacers, which made it scrape all the time, but if your on standard suspension you should be fine, but like i say, dont buy cheap..

• Like 1

Lower it first.
You'll need flat spacers for anything under 15mm, hub centric for anything more. (less than 15mm and hub centric won't fit)

You'll want longer wheel bolts for anything over 5mm.

Your Dad is probably worried about wearing out wheel bearings. This isn't very likely, unless you fit stupid wide spacers. I ran 13mm spacers on the rear of my Lupo, didn't have a problem.

Lower it first.

You'll need flat spacers for anything under 15mm, hub centric for anything more. (less than 15mm and hub centric won't fit)

You'll want longer wheel bolts for anything over 5mm.

Your Dad is probably worried about wearing out wheel bearings. This isn't very likely, unless you fit stupid wide spacers. I ran 13mm spacers on the rear of my Lupo, didn't have a problem.

I'd lower it but it puts my insurance through the roof and I wouldn't want to take the risk of not telling them. But aye cheers for the advice both of you :)

One last thing the Alloys are 6j 15" Calibre Dubs. Do I actually need spacers with 195/50 tyres?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261551093309?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649