Borbet or BBS Wheels and other Q's on my Lupo

ArmyLupo

Hi, my Lupo is not lowered at all. Stock springs, would 16x9 Borbet Type A's fit on both the front and back or would it be a problem? They come with 40mm tires (sidewall).

Also, I found some other Borbet's, 15x7, but theyre not "deep dish". Dont really care if theyre "real" or not, but how do the non-deep dish ones look? My car is Jazz Blue, im thinking I want to paint the central 5-spoke part gold and leave the outside ring silver...

Edited by ArmyLupo

Why wouldnt they look good? Would the ride height look too high or something?

All ive found are deep dish 16x9's or non-deep dish 15x7's, which would you recommend?

And what arr Remotec?

Thanks for the help.

This is what I have on now: (BBS 14")

_75-3.jpeg_75-2.jpeg

And this is what I want, but I cant decide which one. The deep dish ones are 16x9's and the non-deep dish ones are 15x7's. Or should I keep the BBS' s? I think I like the Borbets more but its a tough decision.

_75-5.jpeg_75-1.jpeg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171344479984

Borbets were sold in 7.5x16 (fronts) and 9x16 (rears), so you need to look for a set of 4 fronts.

Remotec made replicas of the Borbet A style, these are available in 7x15".

Large alloys at standard height just look silly.

What do you guys think of my BBS' s? Are they ok or do they look silly? Hows my Lupo in general look? Dont know what to do with my grille...thinkin im gonna paint the inside of the rims gold, then put the original grille back on, paint it blue with the VW logo gold...what do you guys think?

20140504_205127-1.jpg

What do you guys think of my BBS' s? Are they ok or do they look silly? Hows my Lupo in general look? Dont know what to do with my grille...thinkin im gonna paint the inside of the rims gold, then put the original grille back on, paint it blue with the VW logo gold...what do you guys think?20140504_205127-1.jpg

Your Lupo looks pretty good and clean. I'd put the standard grill in simply because I don't like the indent in the bonnet it leaves behind.

I quite like the BBS wheels that are on your car now and quite like the Borbets as well. The 16" wheels will increase the ride height and make it look a bit like a monster truck. Also 9" wide on a Lupo is MASSIVE. They will poke out the car a lot (which is illegal) and will mean you won't be able to lower your car that much if you wanted, as it will hit the arch.

Personally I would keep the wheels you have now and get some lowering springs or coilovers to get it sitting better. :)

Thanks!

Do you think the BBS I have now have too big of a sidewall or are they alright? Ill also be lowering the Lupo eventually so I guess that could hide it a bit too.

And what do you think of the Blue-Gold scheme im thinkin about? Havent seen any other like that so Im not sure on it yet.

Thanks! Do you think the BBS I have now have too big of a sidewall or are they alright? Ill also be lowering the Lupo eventually so I guess that could hide it a bit too.And what do you think of the Blue-Gold scheme im thinkin about? Havent seen any other like that so Im not sure on it yet.

Having a larger tyre wall now will reduce the distance between the arch and the wheels, so looks better with the car as it is now. If you do lower it, then lower profile tyres would look better and will help prevent rubbing on the arch.

I personally wouldn't do blue and gold, but that's not saying it wouldn't work as that's my personal taste and yours will be different! I would say however, don't go OTT with the gold theme as it could quickly look very tacky.

Thanks. Im still deciding what im gonna do when it comes to the rims. Im leaning on keeping the BBS at this point.

Another question, what do you guys think about the typical 50Euro Lowering Springs off of ebay? Has anyone used them? The most important question is, are they safe? Also, wgat does a shop usually charge to put them in? And for those who have used 40 or 60mm springs, what kind of clearance do you have off the ground afterwards?

And would a raid air filter (stock exhaust) change the sound of my Lupo noticeably?