Grupo

Jimboob

Last year I owned a 1.4 6n2 Polo, but when my insurance came around in February of this year, I felt like a change and something which stuck out a bit more...So I decided to go for a Fantasia Green 1.4 Sport Open Air, which I'm seriously enjoying.

This is how the car stood when I bought it:

7mycuDq.jpg

I am a bit late at starting this thread, so I'll give a quick run down of what I've done in the last few months.

First of all, I bought some smoked indicators and a black front badge:
(could do with getting some silver vision bulbs to stop the orange reflection)

VIy6IHe.jpg

Then, I got rid of the bump strips on the sides:

898STbA.jpg

Dewipered the rear and filled the hole with the speedtech glass blank:

181avAG.jpg

Next came the coilovers...I went for some FK AK Streets. Wound them all the way down and took the adjuster cups out:

dMT9B7W.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I bought some front Lupo GTI seats from someone on the Lupo/Seat Arosa Facebook group:

zz77J7S.jpg

The interior is a work in progress as I'm waiting for funds, before I go looking for a rear bench, bottom doorcards, binnacle, cup holder, gear knob gaiter and possibly a steering wheel. Anyway, that's about it for now, I ordered a 90mm Sharan rear badge yesterday, so I will give an update when I get that on.

Edited by Jimboob

• 2 months later...

I'm really bad at updating this, as the site seems a bit dead and I usually just put things up on Instagram or Twitter.

P.S Could someone please move this to the member's car's section, which I didn't realise existed when I created this thread. :doh:

I've put on my Sharan badge:

zSStPRm.jpg

I've also bought some Lenso KZAs:

5vzMqSd.jpg

And picked up some back seats to match the fronts:

FLhFGRl.jpg

Edited by Jimboob

That looks stunning! Love the Green Lupos, got one myself but the baby 1ltr lol.

Keep the updates coming it's looking great and I'm highly jealous :(;)

Thanks for the feedback, didn't know if anyone was still using this forum. Should be getting my arches rolled by ArchEnemy on Wednesday, to fix some rubbing issues.

I've just ordered a set of lowering springs for my little baby :)! She will hopefully sit well and look good! Think I'm going to get some spacers so I get abit of poke aswell :)! ;)

So, on Wednesday, Phil from Arch Enemy came round. I was actually at work, but my brother said he seriously knew what he was doing...Which was evident after I wound my coils back down, took the rear adjusters out, went for a drive and didn't hear a single rub.

NMLCwvH.jpg

(Ignore my chewed up tyres :doh:)

This is how it used to sit.

toFkIz6.jpg

And this is how it sits now.

k8pc12z.jpg

I can't recommend Arch Enemy enough. I really didn't want to risk my paint, by trying to do it myself and I'm really happy with the end result. My cambridge rears, clear side repeaters and Gti lower door cards should all be here at some point this coming week, so I'll do an update then.

PEACE

Edited by Jimboob
  • Like 1

Just a little update...I got my lower GTI door cards and my clear side repeaters on. I can't do my cambridge lights yet, as I managed to order the wrong bulbs...So I'll get a picture of those whenever the bulbs arrive next week.

Before

qU8oXHx.jpg

After

AqFt722.jpg

Side Repeaters

YrtrauY.jpg

Oh, and I managed to curb one of the wheels yesterday which still infuriates me...Refurb will be just another (unnecessary) thing added to the list. :thumbdown:

32bVsy9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...