help with styling... vinyl

shellyh24

hi again,
loving this site so far, nice to get opinions from other Lupo owners and read up on the old posts.

I sold my baby at Xmas, my mk3 golf cabrio. it wasnt really very practical, and was costing a fair bit to run it, big mistake though, missing it loads :-( so anyway, my replacement is my little lupo which is hopefully going to be a bit more economical and is proving to be a fun little car so ive decided to give it a little make over Michelle Style!

Just an idea of what that is....

1524683_10151977052768411_1195690804_n_z

sticker bombing and vinyl wrapping i know is very much love or hate but i love it and wanted to do something to the lupo.... started with this!

10277518_10152213356333411_7523271320128

now im thinking while im saving for wheels i want to do something else, for people who are in to vinyl do you think the roof would look good wrapped or maybe the bonnet? or perhaps i should be a bit more subtle and do the front panel below the grille or just a corner of the wing, i really cant decide. I know its about what I like as its my car but I want people to like it too :-)

Any ideas welcome!

I think a vinyl roof is a dated look,

Unless its something different from gloss black "3D" carbon, sticker bomb,

I've been playing with plasti dip and tbh it's less damaging and you can do a whole car for the price of say the bonnet and roof

Edited by Buckland

my friend is hydro dipping stuff but i dont really want to take the whole car apart. I was actually thinking perhaps blue/black/white camoflage style on the roof or bonnet or i found some nice black with grey/white skulls n roses which was cool.

so if i was to put vinyl on the roof in a bonnet bra style to see what it looks like would it damage the paint it i wanted to peel it off?

All depends really on the paint condition,

One lad I know had his 60 plate corsa wrapped pealed off the roof and bonnet and most the laquire, might have just been on there extremely well but still

Hydro dipping is cool but yeah you have to take everything apart

Depends what colour the car is and the camo for me

It's your car do what you think works :)

I've just plasti dipped some bbs rms to go on my girlfriends lupo and it is pretty cool stuff

Edited by Buckland