Alloy Wheel Refurb

several months ago i bought some BBS wheels off ebay, not sure which ones they are but they are in need of a refurb.

Now although i could send them off to be done i fancied having a go myself, so was wondering if anyone knows of a DIY guide on doing it or can give me any tips on whats best to use (what grade wet and dry to use, what paint and lacquer etc).

Cheers!!

depends i guess on the model of the wheel - obviously split rims bbs's take a crap load more work than single piece rims - also what design are they - multispoke are again more time consuming and fiddly than others?

i would say that at £40 ish a corner (depending on what you want to do) let a pro do it -

depends i guess on the model of the wheel - obviously split rims bbs's take a crap load more work than single piece rims - also what design are they - multispoke are again more time consuming and fiddly than others?

i would say that at £40 ish a corner (depending on what you want to do) let a pro do it -

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its these ones 25wheel.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> any ideas what model they are? they are one piece.

I was gonna let a pro do it but the wheels only cost me £50 so didnt really see the point in spending £40 per wheel refurbing them when i could have a bash myself.

• 3 weeks later...

i Got my alloys of ebay but were no where near as fiddly to retreat with fresh paint and removing all the curb marks. their Tsw razors. took lots of use with wet n dry grades 400 - 1200 at the end. good luck with those, i would still pay to have them done. aluminium oxide paper wikll do lots of work quickly but you still need fine wet n dry paper

but now i can redo my alloys every couple of months if they get kerbed and take me less than a day top redo all my shoes.