cleaning intake manifold on 1.4s

So after having problems with the map sensor and clogged up throttle body I've decided that inside the manifold its going to be pretty bad. I already have a rough idea of what I'm doing, however with no Haynes manual available or similar one to hand I will be working blind. I was just wondering if anyone has a step by step instructions on what to remove etc.

I have searched Google and this forum with no luck, when I get around to doing it, I will post some pictures to help others.

I believe poor idles and slight misfires are common with these engines, so hopefully once cleaned as well as the egr valve the engine will be running properly once again.

May have found the answer to "how to remove the intake manifold" thought it was going to be a pain but it may be simpler.

If its similar to my old 1.4 golf, I will have to clamp the fuel lines and then unclip the fuel rail and plugs, then 5 hex bolts to remove the manifold. Hopefully its as simple as that, then can give it a decent clean. I will find out shortly