1.0 - 1.4 conversion

Hi, i know everyones going to say dont bother and just buy a 1.4 but, as it stands my lupo is nearing its death bed, the last month a number of problems have popped up, throttle body needs replacing, spitting oil out the rocker cover breather, pedal box on the way out, passenger door handle mechanism broken, so its really not going to be worth any money at all, so im thinking of instead of saving up a couple grand for a 1.4 i may just buy a wrote off one from a scrapyard and take out anything from that that is in better condition than mine, that being said, how much would you expect to pay for a written off 1.4? Any help or ideas as to how to go about this would be much appreciated. Cheers

Dblock i think its just cause of the amount of a ballache it would be and the labour costs of getting the work done. luckily i have a mechanic mate thats quoted 250 to fit the engine,ecu driveshafts and gearbox.

Why do people say don't replace the engine?

Because just buying a standard 1.4 is quite cheap?

Is there something special about your 1.0 you want to keep?

Scrap value is about £100 so written off cars will be anything more than that, depending on condition and desirability of engine.

Just the fact that its mine and it was my first car and im madly in love with it. So say i find one with a decent engine for 200-300 im looking at a total cost of about 500-600 for doing the swap, which is cheaper than buying a decent 1.4.

The issue with the oil spitting out the rocker cover breather would be sorted with an engine swap and all over problems could be solved by stripping the parts from the donor lupo. Ideally im looking to buy one that wrote off due to body damage with mechanical and interior parts still ok to use. With the build i can gradually create the lupo i want at a cheap price, it would take me about 6 months to save to buy a new one which still wouldnt be done how i wanted it.