Visual alternative to BMC CDA - bare with me...

Scorch

OK, i'm in a weird situation. I bought a 1.4e 16v as a runaround until I find a suitable beast.

I'm loving the little thing to be honest, however...

In order to maintain my cheaper insurance on a modified policy, I have to modify it. I was thinking i'll just whack an induction kit on it, but £150 for the BMC seems a bit OTT for the short term. So what is a cheaper alternative that is visible (i'd go for a panel filter and forget it but the insurance want pictures).

BTW - modified policy is £500 less than non-modified... work that one out!

Your insurance want you to modify your car? :surprised: That's a new one. Can it be any modification or does it have to be an aftermarket air filter? If it can be any mod, I'd be tempted to remove the backbox and install a straight pipe. Cost you about £6 off eBay and sounds pretty good. Plus, it's super easy to do so long as you have a set of ramps.

If it needs to be an aftermarket air filter why not just buy one of those crap cone/pod filters off eBay and oil it. You'll see no performance increase, perhaps even lose power lol, but it'll at least keep your insurance cheap :\ I think they're about £15

Edited by Skezza