1.0 8V engine...

chrisluke99

I have a 1.0 8v engine and I'm getting seriously pissed off with it.. And I'm wandering what differences there are between the 1.0 8v and 1.4 16v sport engine wiring looms?? As this is what I'm after... And is there anything else im going to need to change?

The gearbox has a different final drive ratio for the bigger engine,

You might have to play with the immobiliser and key chips as the ecu would need to be swapped,

Cheers for the reply!! ;) yeah don't worry I would get a box that would correspond to the engine :) id also get an ecu and key transponder etc but as far as you know is that all that is different? :)

Edited by chrisluke99

The power steering might be different too , not sure if the base models have it , i know the reservoir position moves around between the diesels and 1.4 petrols, can't say I saw one on the last 1 litre models I looked at . The ecu / eml might get upset if it looks for a signal

Edited by Bigplum

I see... Mine amazingly has power steering so if it has it.. Then surely I shall be alright? Just the power steering reserve our will move around a bit :) I'm thinking of totally removing my loom and going 6n2 gti 1.6 that would give it some tasty power and I've got a mate who's done it ;)