for Damien@dpm (and anyone else interested) budget coilovers

Hi Damien/anyone else reading

Im looking at getting a budget set of coilovers for my arosa.

Ive looked through various threads and various people have various comments/opinions regarding various brands, and it clouds the air for those new to the car. So this is help for me and any future newbies.

(So please dont let this thread get full of petty arguments)

Obviously the more expensive you go, the better the engineering thats gone into the set up, design and manufacture, however, i'm cheaping on this arosa as much as I can as its just a dirty daily.

I dont want a crazy drop, just a tighter ride, being used to my 300zx, standard ride height is almost causing sea sickness feelings as it wallows so much!

I've seen on the dpm website the following:

JOM coilovers for £185

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/jom-coilover-suspension-kitbr-arosa-10-14-14tdi-17sdi-0697-p-8189.html

FK AK coilovers for £195 (but currently out of stock)

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/fk-ak-street-coilover-suspension-kitbr-arosa-10-14-14tdi-17sdi-0697-p-9581.html

Prosport coilovers for £209

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/prosport-coilover-suspension-kitbr-arosa-10-14-14tdi-17sdi-0697-p-9443.html

So I'd like sensible reviews and comparisons between these 3 sets or similarly priced sets, as a guide for me and anyone else who cant squeeze for the higher caliber brands.

Could include:

Ride quality

Ease of adjustment

Ease of installation

Corrosion resistance

Horror stories?

Thanks for your time

Alex

Afternoon,

What I'd say about the three kits in question is the following -

The JOM kit offers the best ride quality and value for money and is by far the most popular kit

The FK AK Street offers the best build but only slightly and has the widest lowering range but has by far the shortest warranty

The Prosport kit is quite new on the market and is very similar to the JOM kit but has a longer warranty but also more expensive

I hope this helps and if I can help any further please just let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I had JOM's on mine before they got cut up to fit the hydraulics and i'd say they were very good for the money, ride quality was as good as the FK Highsports that were on before (only took off because i blew a shock and broke a spring! Never had a chance to see how they corroded but they were very easy to fit!

Hi chaps,

Thanks for your comments,

It would seem the JOM set are preferable, and I do see them referred to the most (both positive and negatively mind you)

Well I will most likely be buying myself a set for Christmas :P

Thanks for your help