PCD Adaptors and Lowering Springs

Hoopie

Guys

I've got some Porsche teledials for my car so I need some PCD adaptors. There are some made by Bulldog on ebay for £140 for 4, which is about half the price of the others I've seen. Anyone got any experience of these, are they any good, or is it the usual - you get what you pay for? What adaptors would you recommend?

Also I want to lower the car by 60mm. My daughters car has got Apex springs on which are 40mm, but look more like 60mm (they were on the car when she got it). It rides firm but comfortable, whereas mine rolls like a tuna boat on standards. I can't find any 60mm springs, or is it the case that Apex spring actually get you lower than 40mm claimed. Anyone point me in the right direction please.

Cheers

Glenn

Go Coilovers.

It's in the rear the problems are anyways.

I take it that you mean 60mm lowering and not 60mm inner diameter spring?

Because if the latter you can get custom springs made for your car......sort of.

Regarding PCD-adapters......

I have had both H&R and cheeper FK.

Both works but H&R is FAR FAR better quality then FK.

Allthou i run FK myself at the moment om my Loop.

But for H&R you pay for the quality.

You have so many wierd brands in the UK :tongueout:

Can not say anything about the adapters you named.....

Edited by Wolf RS

unsure about the adaptors, why not go for coilovers? can have what ever ride height you feel best with

Hey fella

I didn't want to go for coil-overs as I've read on here that they don't ride as well as springs. The other thing is coil-overs are a lot more expensive. What I'm looking are springs that give me a fixed drop of 60mm, so not a big drop, but it will sharpen up the handling.

Go Coilovers.

It's in the rear the problems are anyways.

I take it that you mean 60mm lowering and not 60mm inner diameter spring?

Because if the latter you can get custom springs made for your car......sort of.

Regarding PCD-adapters......

I have had both H&R and cheeper FK.

Both works but H&R is FAR FAR better quality then FK.

Allthou i run FK myself at the moment om my Loop.

But for H&R you pay for the quality.

You have so many wierd brands in the UK :tongueout:

Can not say anything about the adapters you named.....

Hey Wolf RS

I want a fixed drop of 60mm using springs, as I've said above I want to keep a decent ride quality.

I'll check out the H&R adaptors, I don't mind paying for quality, I just did want to pay for something that was twice the price of a cheaper brand and did exactly the same thing - I hate getting ripped off just because of brand names.

Thanks for the reply and help.

Hey fella

I didn't want to go for coil-overs as I've read on here that they don't ride as well as springs. The other thing is coil-overs are a lot more expensive. What I'm looking are springs that give me a fixed drop of 60mm, so not a big drop, but it will sharpen up the handling.

that's fair enough, not all coilover ride horrible depends how much your willing to send really

Coilovers "legs" has springs to you know.

Original IS COILOVERS , COIL over SPRING!

The difference is the diameter and stiffnes of the spring.

Just buy another set of springs with the right setting and lenghts and get it sorted.