Oil Pressure

I know a common problem with the lupo is oil pressure. My lupo's oil pressure has been all over the place lately, one min being at normal level the next dropping to nothing.

I have just changed the oil pressure plug and took the car for a quick spin, it's staying at normal for a lot longer than before but as soon as I pull up to a set of lights it drops.

I've checked the engine bay, no sign of a oil leak, no oil in the spark plug wells and just alittle bit of oil in the air box which is normal for a 1.4 16v

I've checked the oil level and its ok.

Has anyone got any ideas or in the same situation? Should I worry?

Cheers

Steve

• Like 4

Rookie mistake. Cannot multitask to save my life. It's the coolant temp that's playing up. Keeps dropping or not even moving from zero.

Any ideas where the sensor is?

The oil pressure is something I have just sorted but managed to mix the messages up lol

Ah, yer that'll be a faulty coolant temperature sensor, on a few quid.

Not sure on location though, it;ll most likely be a green sensor at the front of the engine (to the right as you look at it) but not sure on the 1.4

When you swap it, make sure you buy a new o-ring and when you remove the old one you remove the o-ring too. I went for the quick in-out method but wouldn't fit cos the old o-ring was still in there, coolnt EVERYWHERE :censored:

http://www.partscats.com/volkswagen/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=vw&number=1865&set=1866&ein=1999&f=231&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=1&grf=012175231&bf=12175&hgug=121&ug=21&parent_id=1208129

if hat helps it'll be part 11.

I don't recommend relying on the part numbers though, but the picture should help you somewhat

Thanks Dan, I have looked up where the sensor is located

I'll pick one up tomorrow and change it, will wait for engine to cool down and

throw a bucket underneath to catch the coolant.

Again sorry for the mix up lol

When I changed it, I inadvertently drained it. It's not a full drain as I believe it's a good idea to flush water through but too much effort.

When I went to VW I just bought some G12++ and was more than ample because it's concentrated, so one bottle will do :)