How to Change GTI front Pads/Discs?

My brakes have become shockingly bad, im getting some new discs and pads for the front as soon as i decide which brand to go with. My question is: how difficult is it to change the front discs/pads? I'm no mechanic but competent enough with a couple of spanners to give it a bash myself.

I've had a search round the forum and hear that the rear is a bit tricky but that the front is fairly simple ... which is ok as im only changing the fronts for now.

Anyone have a `step-by`-step guide or any instructions/advice? I'll probaby do the fluid at the same time so any help with that would also be welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> My brakes are obviously rather important to my health, so i dont want to mess it up, but at the same time id like to save money by doing it myself is possible!

Thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

to be honest if you haven't done front brakes before then i'd leave it to someone who has done them before

unles you can find someone who knows what they are doing and could show you or guide you whilst you are doing them

its a very easy job but its not a thing should be done if you don't know what you are doing

Hmmm,

I've been quoted £70 to have just the fronts fitted ... which i'd obviously rather not pay if i can help it.

I've just found the following;

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...1&st=&p=entry

which makes it sound dead easy, hmm smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />