no aerial on aftermarket headunit

Hi guys.

We've just tried to fit an aftermarket headunit to our 1.4 16v Lupo, but seem to be without any radio reception.

I used a little aerial adaptor to hook the antenna up, but something tells me I needed a special adaptor?

The one I have is like this:

http://ashbycarelectronix.co.uk/images/uploads/Aerial_adaptor.jpg

Is this the jobbie I need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-VAG-Aerial-Booster-Amplified-Antenna-Lead-VW-Cars-/370813112841?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56562f1209

Thanks ;)

Correct, that is the adapter you need at least for the adapter you already. However, you don't need to buy that particular version, you can buy one that has the correct plug on the end.

Unfortunately, I forget the product code. If you trawl through my posts I talk about it somewhere. I'll have a look when I get chance.

You will need both parts the second will go on the in car ariel loom blue wire to 12v feed the the first link attaches in between the black connector and into the back of the cd player

You don't, you can get one with the pin built in. I have one in my Lupo. I just can't remember the product code. I'll look through my emails now

• Like 1

Cheers for the help guys, just ordered a PC5-90 from ebay.

With a bit of luck it'll be as simple as pulling the head unit back out and fitting that part :)

Do you recommend any particular tray to sit underneath where we have a CD player from the BETA system (or gamma) I forget?

Edited by wall-e

Cheers for the help guys, just ordered a PC5-90 from ebay.

With a bit of luck it'll be as simple as pulling the head unit back out and fitting that part :)

Do you recommend any particular tray to sit underneath where we have a CD player from the BETA system (or gamma) I forget?

An original coin tray + cup holder is pretty good but they go for quite a lot on eBay (£30 usually) plus there aren't that many around.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-Celica-Double-Din-Pocket-Cup-Holder-Starlet-/230592901070?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b0686fce - cheap alternative

Edited by Skezza

You don't, you can get one with the pin built in. I have one in my Lupo. I just can't remember the product code. I'll look through my emails now

You would need both parts if you didnt have the all in one cable though.

Dont really need the booster though unless you have a tiny ariel or listen to mw or am.

You would need both parts if you didnt have the all in one cable though.

Dont really need the booster though unless you have a tiny ariel or listen to mw or am.

I listen to MW :D