Can a hot day cause electrical problems?

This might sound like the stupidest question on the planet, but can a hot day cause electrical problems?

It's a really hot day today (although not compared to summer!!) and some rather strange things have been happening with the Lupo.

I went back at lunch as I needed to make a phone call. The electric window for the drivers side door won't go down. It just clicks. It was fine this morning, but it just clicks now. Perhaps it's a placebo, but when I opened the passenger window it didn't sound very nice and it sounded less nice come back up. Very rattley.

Along with those very strange occurrences, the faulty central locking mech on the passenger door, that I opened a thread about is now working perfectly fine. I'm completely confused!

I'm afraid to drop the window now in case it doesn't go back up. Maybe the switch is just a bit dicky, or perhaps the window motor has seized up and needs replacing. Either way it's weird.

Edited by Skezza