Air Filters

D7 YME

yer pipercross make a good filter for the Gti, had mine on for over a year and it was good.

Cost me around £60 at the time and they suck like hell!!!! lol

comes seperately.

You can either buy the proper pipercross one for around £20 ish or you can get one from fellow company GREEN who do one for around a tenner which is twice as chunky. Harder for routing though.

k&n are far from crap.
Too true, do they do an induction induction for the gti?

K&N filters come into their own when your engine is tuned and deresticted a bit more, ie reseated valves, port and polish, better manifold, decat etc!!

iam not 100% sure, but i think k&n filters are probably the best manufacturers *for filtering the air* some one correct me if iam wrong, but again it all depends on an abundancy of cold air

Look at it this way.

What are you wanting the filter for.

For extra power at 6.2krpm or what ever the peak powers at?

As we know a filter on a Loop with standard map, isnt going to give you much if any.

But if your wanting pure sound, the Pipercross sounds fcukin ace at full revs.

I have a K&N on my ph1 and sounds grumpy, but not as nastey as a pipercross does.

I think a BMC is a better choice of the lot for a Loop, but if your wanting sound more that power go for a pipercross.

iam not 100% sure, but i think k&n filters are probably the best manufacturers *for filtering the air* some one correct me if iam wrong, but again it all depends on an abundancy of cold air

Ok a common misbealf is that the air and dust goes into the filter, and the dirt gets trapped behind the gause (sp?) and the passes through.

This isnt the case, it is oil on the filters that stops the crap, so weather its a pipercross or k&n theres not gonna be any diffrence 'Stopping Power' of the filters.

i am having my lupo chipped when it comwes back from the dealers so i will most probably get a bmc

Get the air filter done first so when they remap the ecu it takes into account the extra air flow and you will then see the diference....

no point if getting it chipped on the normal air filter and then changing things round.....