Crazy Windscreen Wipers

My Lupo has decided that bombing around just is no longer fun and has decided that it randomly wants to turn all my windscreen wipers on (front and rear ) and scare the jesus out of me at inappropriate times.

She has also decided to wake me up on a morning she is going to give me lots of little electrical shocks when I go anywhere near her so this is leading me to believe I have an electrical problem somewhere?? Possibly?

Where should I start ?

Edited by Elzibaby

Your wiper stalk is broken, simple enough fix, requires airbag and steering wheel removal though.

A dose of WD40 may fix it for a while.

I wouldn't expect that to make the exterior of the car shock you though. Is the battery a bit drained when you start it on a morning?

I think it's more static than electric shocks I've seen a few people complain their Lupo's do that and I mustn't be grounded very well!

The wipers are behaving themselves at the moment it seems to be an intermittent thing so wondering if it is because of a build up of static setting them off?!

I would think that the wipers and the static are completely unrelated.

Also your car can't be grounded it's sitting on rubber wheels, the reason you get a shock it it's built up static and is grounding through you.