6 Disc CD Jump/Crackle

Hi,

I have got a gamma head unit in my car and recently connected a second hand CDMA changer, however this keeps jumping/cutting out. Also some tracks on the cds sound like a crackly while some okay fine. It's not the head unit as have tried another. Does anyone know what it might be or experienced similar?

Many thanks for your help,

Dan

Hmm, tough one that is. Have you had this problem when the engine is off too. Stationary does make a difference, but also, if your car is a petrol, having the engine off can really tell you if it's an earthing issue. I assume it's not whining when it crackles? If it is, then it could be the alternator, but I've never seen that on a Lupo before. If it gets louder and quieter with speed then it could be the spark plugs or HT leads. On my old green machine (a pov spec 1 litre), I had lots of crackle and interference until I changed the HT leads which seemed to fix all of my issues with the radio. That said, it was being picked up through the antenna, so my situation maybe different to yours.