Rear Washer Pump

christophertr6

Quick technical question. Is there a seperate pump for the rear screen washer? My front wash wipe works fine. I push the stork button for rear wash & the wiper works but no water from the washer - and there is definately no sound of a pump whirring. Nothing seams to be wet so its not the pipe come adrift.

And can you take the washer tank out without removing the battery?

Thansk for your help in advance.

Quick technical question. Is there a seperate pump for the rear screen washer? My front wash wipe works fine. I push the stork button for rear wash & the wiper works but no water from the washer - and there is definately no sound of a pump whirring. Nothing seams to be wet so its not the pipe come adrift.

And can you take the washer tank out without removing the battery?

Thansk for your help in advance.

Remove the plastic covering on the boot lid and check the pipe hasn't come disconnected. Mine did. There is like a L shaped clip that plugs it into the washer itself. Mine split in the cold and it was spraying water down the back of the plastic case into the boot space. I couldn't get a replacement L shaped clip so I took some of that rubber tubing (can't remember the diameter, pretty small though, smaller than the nozzle obviously), placed it in boiling water for 1 minute, so it was nice, flexible and had expanded so it would fit, connected the nozzle to the heat shrink pipe and connected the pipe to the entrance, let it settle for about 10 minutes at which point it sealed really tight. I never had a problem with it again.

I reckon this would work, but I can't remember the exact diameter I used, sorry.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/160994842438?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Edited by Skezza

Best thing you can do is measure the diameter, I think that's what I did.

This is a bit smaller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3mm-1-8-I-D-NITRILE-RUBBER-FUEL-TUBING-PETROL-LINE-HOSE-/250582803821 3.5mm, it might have been what I used, I can't really remember. Remember, it needs to shrink after it's warmed up, otherwise it won't work. If it fits over it nice and snug when it's cold, then I promise you it will eventually fall off. You need it to be too small when it's cold but when heated up in boiling water, fit over with a bit of flexibility.