Two Lupo related questions...

Phatbwoy

Evening everyone,

Appreciate some advice with these two issues I have:

1) I bought a single CD player from eBay to go with the Beta radio/cassette. I removed the Beta unit and connected the cable from the CD player to the back of this. Went to test and.... nothing. No power going to the CD unit unless the metal housing touches the metal housing of the Beta unit!? Have I just got a duff CD player or am I missing a trick here?

2) The heater blower in the Lupo has been very irratic lately, sometimes working, sometimes not and is very rattly and slow (no matter what speed is set). Today I removed the relay to check the fan and noticed that a gentle push of the blower got it going again after it previously gave up all together. I'm assuming I just need a new fan/heater unit? Is this a lovely person to change or fairly easy.

Thanks guys.

Evening everyone,

Appreciate some advice with these two issues I have:

1) I bought a single CD player from eBay to go with the Beta radio/cassette. I removed the Beta unit and connected the cable from the CD player to the back of this. Went to test and.... nothing. No power going to the CD unit unless the metal housing touches the metal housing of the Beta unit!? Have I just got a duff CD player or am I missing a trick here?

2) The heater blower in the Lupo has been very irratic lately, sometimes working, sometimes not and is very rattly and slow (no matter what speed is set). Today I removed the relay to check the fan and noticed that a gentle push of the blower got it going again after it previously gave up all together. I'm assuming I just need a new fan/heater unit? Is this a lovely person to change or fairly easy.

Thanks guys.

Hey,

1. Sounds like there might be a short circuit, so yes, you could call that a duff one, but I'm not very knowledgeable on the OEM stuff. I've always opted for aftermarket.

2. Common issue. If you search around the forums, you'll find plenty of people have had this issue.

Regarding the CD player I email the eBay seller and he also mentioned about the earth problem. He said they get a lot of these problems when retro fitting the CD player to Lupos and Polos where there is a lack of earth and the car wasn't originally set up to take a CD player? Anyway I am going to try and run a seperate earth to the back of the player (brown wire) and see if that does the trick.

Cheers for the responses guys