strange question i know... anyone owned a 1.0ltr AER and AUC??

basically, my girlfriends mk1 arosa 1.0ltr AER 50bhp seems quicker and more responsive than my 1.0ltr lupo AUC (MPI) 50bhp?? :thumbdown:

any reason for this?, I would've thought they should be similar in performance, but when i drive hers it feels like a 1.2/1.3 or something. both running 15" wheels and 165/50 tyres

confused much!

The arosas are lighter naturally (90kg's minimum). Also, do you have electric windows, A/C, deflated tyres? Maybe she doesn't have a spare tyre. With just 50BHP any weight reduction feels significant.

Might be worth checking the compression of you cylinders, mine was running on 3 cylinders when I got my mk2 Arosa AUC and was slow as hell!

Does your engine rattle when it is idling?

946kg lupo kerb weight V's 864kg mk1 arosa kerb weight

how is there so much difference????

The front bumper on the lupo's must be made of lead!

Some of the 1.0 lupos are even heavier than that aswell. 946kg's sounds like the no frills model.

You could always remap it and gain 3bhp :clap:

Where does that extra weight come from? Seriously, they are almost exactly the same apart from the obvious panels etc

Only thing i can think of to majorly effect is the wrap around rear window on arosas? never really noticed the weight difference tbh but on paper it seems a lot!