Rea speaker help ! :(

clifford94

Rite people, i want to fit rear speakers in my lupo but dont know what to take out by the headunit to put the cable through so the wires are hidden as atm i have wire coming out of the head unit.. any links to pictures or step by step quide would be alot of help thank you

Take out the seats - two nuts at the front underneath them and two torx screws under the little caps on the trim at the back and slide the seat back and it'll come loose

Remove the trim that runs along by the handbrake - you'll need to remove the surround from the heater controls as well as the little coin tray thing that just pulls out. Then remove about 6 torx screws and the whole thing will come off

Remove the right and left trim bits - bunch of torx on each and they'll pull out and off

Lift carpet and run cables

hmmm, lupo owners tend to not bother with rears, but personal preference really, maybe worth considering buying fronts (and amping them from the h/u), using the 6x9's as rear fill and then fitting the sub, you never get bass out of your speakers really, just mid and treble. but to answer the original question, youd be running the cables wherever is possible through the car, under side trims, carpet etc and then remove the headunit and feed cables up 'behind' the dash from underneath and fish them through the headunit opening to connect.

Personally I think rear speakers are definitely needed in a lupo. Fills the car so much better. I'd probably stay away from 6x9s though and put in a good set of comps behind the cards. The cards will need a bit of modifying though if it's a non Gti. Apart from that I'd agree with Vince on everything he said.

is there some how doing all that except removing the seats, i got the left hand side down down the side of the car, but just when it comes to the front i got it going under the mats, and going into the little space under the head unit,

but remember children, running cables under where you regularly put your feet can cause fires. be safe now!!!