Speakers help

hello guys i got myself a 1.4 lupo like 3weeks ago and doing it up abit done afew bits nothing major a bonnet bra and alloys gave it a clean and wax and now im wanting to upgrade speakers.....

my tweeters i think our broke as they make a fuzzing sound.... (are thet worth replacing and with what?)

looking to replace the door speakers i think there 6x6's ? and put some 6x9 in back/ make a shelf or in boot....

my head unit is 4x 20watt

so what speakers will i need?

not looking to spend a fortune just a basic setup that will just be better than stock......

thanks guys

craig

anything would be an improvement, you looking at a new Headunit or just standard? coz if your sticking with standard, dont go mad on speakers, it wont be worth it really. you can pick up reasonable speakers for 30-40 quid

If you're not looking for much, and not spending much, get a reasonable head unit from halfrauds for 50 quid, then get a cheap set of co-axels from there too for about 40. Won't be a bad sound :)

Tbh I don't see the point in getting new speakers and only spending £40 ish because the difference wouldn't be that much. The standard ones are not that bad so I'd say save a few quid more and get a better set.

But then again if they're cracking/distorting and that's as much as you're wanting to spend then go for it :) if you buy components then you'll get tweeters as well...could easily pick up a £40 set. Oh and they're 6.5" (16.5cm).

you'd be suprised at what difference a set of 40 quid speakers would make i think.

in my old arosa, i had a 70 quid headunit, 50 quid door speakers, 100 quid amp for the fronts and a 80 quid sub. managed to get a reasonable volume and quality for that money.

If you've got some speaker holes behind the rear door cards, then get some components in there. If you haven't, maybe amp your door speakers?

I've only got 6x9's in mine because I got them for free. I wouldn't bother buying any. If you're looking for a budget sub, then you could find out what would fit in your boot and buy an active sub? easy to wire and sound good in a small car :)

Otherwise, go for a nice boot build? Build a box into the spare wheel well and make it sit flush with the bumper? always looks good. Only trouble is, if you're spending a lot on a sub, you'll have to spend even more on a good amp to run it. (again, another positive for an active sub)

If you're not looking to blow people away, amp your upgraded front door speakers and get an active sub :)

Hope this helps.

Tweeters are a must if you're just having a 6.5" midrange.. if you don't have tweeters you'll just have mid bass? If you really want 6x9's then go for it... Just remember you'll have to build a new parcel shelf.

You don't HAVE to amp them, they'll sound alright without. Just a lot better if you do amp :)

Do what you want mate, you don't need to ask advice for everything :)

There's a company that sells stealth shelfs for £100 fully assembled or £50 and you get everything in pretty much ikea flatpack. I got the £50 and would definitely advise to not waste £50 on getting it assembled cos it takes like half an hour. Can't remember what the name of the company is but I got their number from an audio company called skidz in Falkirk. I'm sure if you google the number and phone them they'll tell you the name of the company.