oil light problem

Hi there

I brought my 1.0 lupo 2000 w reg with the oil light on.We changed the oil pressure switch.Did a full service.Checked the oil strainer in the sump and blew it out to make sure there were no blockages.We also changed the oil pump to see if that was the problem.But despite that the oil light still keeps coming on after a few minutes of driving the car.The car drives fine despite this.Does not overheat or anything.Please can anyone help me this light is doing my head in!!!!!

• 1 month later...

hi I have similar problems with my 1.4e I can see oil being squirted around the tappet chest through the oil filler my light only comes on when well warmed ( after 10+miles or so) think i will just drive it now best of luck

How many miles are on your car? It could just be the sign of a worn engine. Oil 'pressure' is determined by the way the engine is built by the clearances between components within the engine (bearings and connecting rods etc) and when they wear down it creates a larger 'clearance' and when oil pours through them more freely the pressure is reduced. On a new engine, oil flow is somewhat restricted on purpose to create pressure.