G60 Conversion Question

chrisash32

Hi Everyone!

Hows it going?

Quick question really guys, wondering if anyone can help :)

Did a G60 brake conversion on my 1.4S about 9 months ago, car not really been used much since then, tucked up in the garage and driven on some nice days. Thing is, my steering just does not feel right.. When turning in either direction it feels like the wheel just wants to run away with itself in whatever direction I am turning. Or alternatively like the car wants to carry on in a straight line..

After the brakes were done, I had new track rod ends fitted and it was fully aligned.

Soooo.. I have a thought...

Obviously being a 1.4S I didn't have the correct hubs, so I sourced a pair of front GTi Hubs, complete off the car, that i stripped down and fitted.

Obviously there are differences between the two hubs and also both hubs had different ball joints... (wider step out on GTi).

I figured that the GTi hub upper mount had the same step out as the ball joint so fitted the GTi ball joint to my car and removed my standard S one...

Its the only thing i can think of that I wasnt sure of at the time..

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Should I have left my standard ball joint on or fitted the GTi one?

Many thanks!

Chris