Hi All, bought my first Lupo today I now have a problem

Hotrodgreendog

Bought my first Lupo today,

Thought I checked it over well but unfortunately 10 miles into my 120 mile trip home the check engine lamp came on in the hand book it's no8 "exhaust emission warning lamp"

The car is drivable, rather lumpy at low speed, was able to cruise at 60mph on the motorway to get home.

Just wondering if this is a common fault or if anyone else has had a similar problem

Any advice would be great fully received

Must say other than the problem it seems to be a great little car.

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Could be a few things. My Arosa 1.0 had a similiar issue and it was one of the lambda probes; it was also overfuelling and stank of petrol at low rev's.

Sure others will be along to give further ideas.

Hi thanks for both super fast reply's,

Think I'll probably have to wait until after the holidays and get a garage to diagnose the problem.

Thanks for the info tho it's nice to have a bit of an idea of possible problems.

Cheers!

be prepared for ridiculous prices for the sensors too...

Hi thanks for the suggestion, has anyone got or used one of these scanners that they would recommend.

Only there seems to be lots on the Market. I know the proper Vagcom at £200 is probably the best

But are any of the cheaper OBD2 / EOBD Scanners worth buying for home use?

Hi thanks for the suggestion, has anyone got or used one of these scanners that they would recommend.

Only there seems to be lots on the Market. I know the proper Vagcom at £200 is probably the best

But are any of the cheaper OBD2 / EOBD Scanners worth buying for home use?

ive used one that cost £45 and it just brought the code up and then you had to go on the website and click lupo and the engine etc and then search through for the code. it did the job and diagnosed to right fault and cleared the warning light. but the good thing with vagcom is i believe you can change car settings like alarm bleep, roll up windows etc, and it also gives live read outs of engine info ... (all this is what ive read ive not actually used vagcom)