Replacing Catalytic Converter

stefan-west1

Hi all,

My girlfriends arosa has had a problem for a while with its engine light being on. We took it to a garage a while ago who said that the error code stated it was the catalytic converter. Now when we called the AA out they said the connection for the code reader had no power in it. So we've decided to go to another garage and get a second opinion.

But purely on the basis that it is the catalytic converter, I have managed to find one for around £130. And this being an 02 plate arosa means it needs to have the newer type of catalytic converter, that looks like it comes from the manifold? Has 4 holes and goes into 1. Rather than the type that's online with the exhaust and is just a straight pipe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now I'm a fairly competent mechanic and I can get help as well. But does anyone know how much of a pig of a job it is to replace these types of catalysts? I have done the straight pipe ones before but never these.

So if anyone has any sort of instructions etc. that would be such a huge help.

Thank you all in advance