suspected clutch priblem

parna86arosa

got this problem on my loop 1.0 and had it on my arosa 1.0 and a 6n2 1.0... its most likely the thrust bearing on its way out, these are usually included in a clutch kit.. got mine of ebay (supplied by eurocarparts.co.uk) for £42.00 so not too expensive but its worth while asking around for someone who can fit a clutch for cheap (i know a few people if you wanted work doing) garage will probs charge you about £200-£250 for part and labour... other than this it could be your syncro which mean a new box im affraid.. 1.0 VW boxes are renouned for being weak as piss :/ ... hope this helps

mine was grinding/crunching every time i went into reverse, and was proper stiff to get into 1st 2nd and 3rd...

it finally gave up on friday on my way back from work...called the AA and he said it's the pedal bracket not pulling on the clutch cable. Garage reckons its mostly all labour so no more than £100. Fingers crossed thats the problem and i don't need a whole new clutch :s

• Like 1

I'm going to book it for a clutch check at my local halfords coz its free :) thanks for the replies guys hope it's nothing too serious it's my first car and i would be devastated if it were of the road for a while where are you from Tarosa ? @Robbhancock my clutch cable squeaks sometimes so hope it's not going through that as well :/

mine was grinding/crunching every time i went into reverse, and was proper stiff to get into 1st 2nd and 3rd...

it finally gave up on friday on my way back from work...called the AA and he said it's the pedal bracket not pulling on the clutch cable. Garage reckons its mostly all labour so no more than £100. Fingers crossed thats the problem and i don't need a whole new clutch :s

mine started today with the difficulty engaging reverse, and 1st/2nd/3rd, like you describe was the AA MANS diagnosis correct , ie:pedal bracket not pulling on clutch cable.could you post answer please robb, it will help me decide local garage or mr clutch centre monday, thanks jack 57