Two questions, help appreciated.

BrownBehr

Hi guys,

Have a few questions that I hope someone can enlighten me and maybe some others on the vw lupo gearbox and vw lupo bumpstrips.

Question 1. Could someone tell me what can be done to fix a vw lupo gearbox? Lupo gearboxes are notorious for failing but I am still a little curious. It changes smoothly in all gears except when I change DOWN from fifth to fourth it will not directly engage, I have to go up into third gear and then into fourth. Going from fourth to fifth is alright but I cant figure out what is causing it. I have tried researching but because thses gearboxes create hassle it is difficult to find an answer relevan to the problem. We seen somewhere that if you fix or replace the gear linkage it should fix the problem but I am wondering if some can help?

Question 2. A while ago the driver's side bumpstrip fell off to reveal a metal strip screwed into the door? Was this done to some vw lupos or did someone do a bodge on the door? :D I am not sure if they are all screwed on and I am afraid to remove the rest for the time being until someone can offer some info.

Apologies for the long post but these little things have been annoying me for a while now and it would be nice to fix them or at least try.

Thanks in advance,

Jake.

Edited by BrownBehr