RickyDs Arosa... New car content

rickyd1992

My 35mm wheel bolts came through the post today so got straight on to fitting my wheels when I got home from work. I will be getting some smaller tyres fitted at some point in the future but i want to get all the 'major' things done first (Lows and colour coding) and then when I have the money i will get them. anywho heres the pics of the wheels fitted :) im fully aware my car needs a good clean !!

SN853040.jpg

SN853037.jpg

SN853039.jpg

SN853038.jpg

I also found a couple pics on my camera from a couple of weeks after I brought her... (car was spotless until i drove down the track to this place :( )

003.jpg

002.jpg

Comments please ! :D Im expecting one of the first to be 'paint yours drums and calipers' ?!! haha

Edited by rickyd1992

definately needs lows. Why dot you go for orange wheels? looks good anyway, love this canica blue

definately needs lows. Why dot you go for orange wheels? looks good anyway, love this canica blue

It did cross my mind but I think it might look to tacky... I may have a play about on photoshop when I get time

Lower it!

all in good time ! colour coding will be done first and then lows, middle of next month hopefully :)

lowering springs or coilovers?

Good, I actually really like this, probably because orange is my favourite colours and the Gulf GT40 is my second favourite car :D

whats your 1st favourite lol

i think it looks good! love your wheels sloanes

• Like 1

how much did you get for it in the end? i saw it when i was looking for mine at like £1600?

urgh.jpg

I have to be honest I do quite like that but I don't know if I have the guts to try it.... If I was gonna do I was thinking more along the lines of black centres and orange lips... I'll have a play on photoshop when I get chance :)

Oh and stop spamming my thread with your off topic conversations :P lol

why dont you get some cheap wheels and spray them orange yourself? thats what i'm doing, i've got 3 sets on order, a nice set of lupo gti bathursts and 2 other cheap sets that im painting mad colours :thumbsup:

Was bored this afternoon so I decided to do a little something to my interior, not finished yet so I'm not going to spoil the suprise, should be completed on Wednesday :) little update coming tomorrow as well hopefully :D valance is going to the body shop at some point this week when I finish work early enough to drop it in on my way home !!

Little update -

aab4e466.jpg

59971f8c.jpg

Very happy with how they look :) I'm not overly impressed with how the window fails to function properly everytime :/ unless it's just the way I've fitted it... The drivers side window I spot on but the passenger one occasionally stops a few inches short of being fully closed and rolls back down :S will take it out again on the weekend and try get it sorted but it's not that big an issue. My other secret update has been delayed by a couple of days due to my own stupidity !! Oh well.... Comments please :D

So finally got my bumper colour coded :D very very happy with how Geraldine is looking now (apart from ride height but shhhhhh !!!) the colour match is pretty close, noticeably different close up but from a distance it looks perfect ! Sooo here's the pics !

7c3c8027.jpg

20bd6f5b.jpg

Also fitted some shims on the back for the purpose of my rear wheel bolts slightly fouling the brake shoes :)

Pointless posting the pic as the difference isnt noticeable !

Comments please :D

I'm not overly impressed with how the window fails to function properly everytime :/ unless it's just the way I've fitted it... The drivers side window I spot on but the passenger one occasionally stops a few inches short of being fully closed and rolls back down :S

Had exactly the same problem as you with my passenger side. I looked into it, found I couldn't adjust the wind deflectors much, so bought some silicone spray from B&Q and sprayed inside the runners of the windows. They both glide up and down perfectly now :)

Had exactly the same problem as you with my passenger side. I looked into it, found I couldn't adjust the wind deflectors much, so bought some silicone spray from B&Q and sprayed inside the runners of the windows. They both glide up and down perfectly now :)

Ahh I like the idea ! I have to be honest tho since I fitted them I haven't had a problem it's really odd, in the 'testing process' they would fail 2 times out of 3 but touch wood they've been fine :)

So, last Sunday I was rather bored and decided I wanted to change my interior. I took my ratchet screwdriver, and small flat head and began removing the centre bit of the upper dash. once it was all out I positioned my stereo so it didnt slide around and hooked my hazard switch into the top of it. Took a trip to Halfrauds and brought myself a tin of grey primer, a tin of satin black paint and a tin of clear coat. Over the last week every night after work i've been spraying these bits step by step and now have finally finished ! Had to miss a few days due to weather amongst other things. I dont have any decent pictures of the finished product back in the car as I have literally just put it back in. Heres the pics I do have anyway... (sorry about quality, iPhone camera)

b35b1dc2.jpg

cf2d87a2.jpg

91cd3a28.jpg

c061b7b7.jpg

869e7e78.jpg

f70f96e4.jpg

Very happy with how its come out, by far the biggest thing I have ever sprayed. I've also removed my tackyness, the orange from my front badge and heater controls.

will get some better pics of the dash tomorrow, Comments & criticsms welcome :)

Edited by rickyd1992