Electric Windows Issue

Sangy

Hi Guys,

Got a problem with my window, when i put it down it goes down ok however when i am putting it back up again its stops about 1 or 2 cm from the top and jus goes to half. Seems like the anti-jamming mechanism kicks in. You can hear the motor struggling when it gets to the top.

I managed to take the door cards off and put some WD40 on the runners however this has not helped and checked the switch was not faulty by checking with the other switch.

When i looked at the runners they were attached to the metal part but it just sounds like its struggling when you put the window up.

Any one got any suggestions on this? Is it the regulator? Motor?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quick check before you do anything major, run the window all the way down hold the button for a good few seconds then all the way up hold for a few seconds, do this over a good few times as it'll help reset the system.

If this fails to work it'll be the regulator, theure easy enough to remove once you know how plus you have the pleasue of being able to access the window bolts as i had to get to them with the window stuck all the way up (very very poor design by vw)

once you have the regulator off it'll give you a better idea of testing it making sure it all runs freely, use vacaline on the runners as wd40 evaporates.

Also with the regulator off you can test the motor while its not under load, make sure it spinds freely. I've got a spare if you need one.

Thanks chrisbee for your advise. As soon as the weather clears up i will try taking the regulator out and see if that is the issue.

Thanks for your help anyways.. i will update when i know more about it.

I had the same problem with mine mate. After fannying about with it for a couple hours i discovered that it was beacuse the window was out of line and was causing friction as it got closer to the top. If u take the lower door card off there are a couple bolts you can unscrew on the white clips and alter the height slightly. I did this and they now work perfect :)

Guys got the window sorted today, took the door card of and was fiddling with the metal bracket and found that it was not attached to the white slider part which had caused it to drop slightly and causing the friction. Put the white bit into the hole and bingo it all works well now.

thanks for your help guys!!

:-))