Lupo 3L mpg

woodyrvf750

I agree that the sub categories is limited but it does let you put in a signature for the car and you can always call it 'Lupo 3L' etc.

Fuelly is popular and does have a decent number of Lupos on it already, mine included (~56mpg SDI) but a 3L would be interesting to see.

Cheers

Jon

• 1 month later...

After a few disappointing results of 87, 90, 89 & 86 mpg I made a conscious effort not to exceed 90 kph for the last tank of fuel and managed an impressive 103 mpg. To be honest I really don't think travelling at that speed puts too much more time on my journeys.

I like the way you are also disappointed when you get less than 94mpg. You may struggle a bit more in colder temperatures.

I find I get much better mileage when the engine is up to temperature, which obviously takes longer in winter.

My 2.4L trip was done with a cold start in winter, on winter tyres, so it started off quite badly, but on a 150 mile trip I had plenty of chance to make up for it. I still think I could manage 2.3 on a long trip in summer. Warmer air is thinner too, and aerodynamics play a bigger role at a higher cruising speed. Try having roof bars with a couple of mountain bikes on top, and you'll find out.