electric windows

Lupoluke69

i'm doing this conversion at the minute, and sometimes i wish i wasn't. i don't wish to spoil your fun but if it's anything like mine or your not competent with a soldering iron and a circuit diagram, just don't bother. after all windy windows are quite cute these days when everything has leccy windows. ours is off the road at the minute which is a blessing because i wouldnt want to drive it with sticks holding up the windows and wires sticking out everywhere. main problem is that the control box for the windows also controls the door locking and the burglar alarm oh and i forgot the window motors are possibly the most complex ive come across, there are twelve wires connecting the window motors instead of two on a ford (and the majority of other motors i've come across)

have i put you off, no, then PAY someone else to do this job and don't let anyone tell you its easy geoff (qualified electronic and mechanical engineer)

save your pennies then cos he's gonna take some from you and good luck..geoff