Exhaust heatshield and Rubbish wipers

Pezza

Hello Chaps,

Had a snoop about at the back of my car. The alloy heatshield go's right over the exhaust back pipes. Should there be a clip holding it up on the offside? Because there's a sort of threaded screw/stud which is part of the shell and the heatshield has a hole cut out to go over stud. Dont look like my car's ever had one although the shields hanging lower at that point.

All other holes have a round washer/clip holding shield in place..

Also my wipers are REALLY juddery and noisy (and annoying). Car's a year old. Blades look OK. Will changing them do anything? Do you think Mr Dealer'd give me new ones under warranty? The wipers look different to normal cars. Can you just get the rubber insert (are they unique or can I get maybe a bosch or champion blade to see what happens)

Pezza

my heat sheal was exactly the same, i thought it had been caught on som,ething but it looked fine from underneith...must be a flaw in the design......also the wipers on GTi's/lupos are ***** i tryed chenging mine and ****** all worked, if yoiu lift the wipers of the screen and put them down, ensuring the rubbers are straight it sometimes helps!