Georgie's Lupo GTI =D

Georgie_x

Hey guys

Sorry I ain't been on here in aggggesss!!!!!

However there is good news - I've upgraded my 1.0l green Lupo to a Black GTI =D

Shes AMAZING - I paid £2800 for her with 80k from a bloke who wasn't even advertising her =D

Here she is before I brought her:

02a817b7.jpg

00eb43c7.jpg

I took her straight to the paintshop to get the bumpers and the rear arch sorted, cause the guy had scrapped a lampost with her!!!!!!

This is when I got her and had just spent alll day cleaning and polishing her:

4e802bfc.jpg

92ba9100.jpg

With my old 1.0l

a54313dc.jpg

My first mod =)

36008aa5.jpg

63c3d28a.jpg

And my job for today arrived on Friday =)

Team Heko Deflectors =)

ec97f1bc.jpg

There's a few problems with her but all can be fixed:

~ Need to fix or get a new case for my divers side mirror (as the bottom bit has split)

~ Need to sort my motor for the window out (drivers side will go half way up, then decide to go back down)

~ Some pannals need a spray (Bonnet is deffo in need first!)

~ My headlight washers dont work properly

~ Starter motor squeeks on start up (easy fix though =) )

~ Oh and the pikey has put a bit of 2x2 behind my fan to hold it there!!!!!

Welcome to the GTI world. Nothing there out of the ordinary.

Mirror cap, see Lupoboz in the traders section.

Window could be a sticky guide. Mine done it for a while, but freed itself before I got around to checking it out.. Also (I think this is correct) lower window to bottom and hold button for 10 seconds. This recalibrates the down level to the mech.

Have you checked the washer level as the headlamp washers stop working when the reservoir is below a certain level.

Squeeky starter is standard, though not on mine (yet!)

2x2 hmmm. I s=assume a mount has gone. Sure Lupoboz will be able to help if you find out what you need.

Enjoy!

Thanks.

Well the caps for the drivers side is glued in and the washer jet on it doesnt work. The passenger side one is missing a part off the top to spray the light... Do you know if I have to have them to get though an MOT? or can i just disable the other one until I get round to fixing them properly?

Ill deffo get on to Lupoboz for the cap etc =)

I had the same problem with my windows (went halfway up and then came back down). It turned out it wasn't the motor it was that the window wasn't properly alligned and was causing friction. There's two bits at the bottom of the window that can be unscrewed allowing the window to be realligned. Hope this solves the issue mate :)

Xenons really should have washers for the MOT yes, but I 'm sure many get missed.

I don't think the part are that expensive. Maybe worth rebuilding both spray heads with new parts.

R

as ray said yes to pass the MOT you need the xenons to have there sprayers and self leveling systems working correctly

i like the car and what an upgrade tbf, but i dont like the black on black with the wheels ...

Edited by patroddy

Oh yeah she shifts!

We had my 1.0l put on a dyno for a laugh and she pushed 53bhp! Not bad when standard i heard was 49! And i didnt modify her!!!

Cant wait to get the gti done!

And ive had the dent fixed on my arch, that was the first job :)

Any ideas why my one headlight jet wouldnt work? And how to fix them?

• 7 months later...

Hello again all :wave:

I've been really busy recently (problems selling the old 1.0l!) Issues with the boyfriends car lol!

Since I've last been on I've had a bit of fun with the GTI:

~ got pulled by the police for my tints :ouch: annoying though that some little kids saw whilst I was ripping the tint off and shouted 'you're boyfriend will kill you for pulling his tints off!' - NOT IMPRESSED!

~ Purchased a new starter motor to stop her snezzing =D quite easy to change really!

~ Fitted my Team Heko wind deflectors

~ Got a Polo GTI engine cover to show of the engine a bit more.

~ Won a OMP Strut brace - which is a NIGHTMARE to fit - (bonnet off!!!) :furious:

Here are a few pics my mate Dave took for me :)

DSC03475_zps7bc99f80.jpg

My car mascot :P

DSC03419_zpsd480c473.jpg

DSC03414_zpsc1b67a1e.jpg

DSC03406_zpscf63f10f.jpg

Also had her dyno'd and for 11 years old she's pushing 126bhp =D

Hope to get her on coilovers soon =D