radiator fan relay location

My fans aren't kicking in and I believe my relay is at fault, at first I thought it was my thermostat, but its not, after more checking there is no power going down the loom to the fan switch so I'm assuming the relay is at fault, however i cant locate the relay. could anyone kindly explain where I can find it, possibly upload a pic? I have a 2000 Lupo sport btw if it makes a difference from any other model apart from the gti which I know is by the washer bottle as the battery is in the boot, big thanks to anyone that can help :) regards, loz :)

Edited by Loz Martin

Its under the washer bottle same as a gti, but because you have a battery in the way it can only be accessed from underneath. Look upwards into the engine bay in front of the passenger side wheel arch and you will see it.

• 2 weeks later...

mines a non aircon model, and i didn't fancy paying out for a new relay as they seemed quite expensive so for now, i've run a fused wire from the battery to the fan switch so my fan now works again just without a relay, the fuse prevents it from frying anything should it go wrong :)