Chair swap, help!

StevenOd

• 2 weeks later...

No, they won't fit without modification, at least not the ones from from the Polo Mk 4.

I have two sets of seats in my garage, one from a Polo Mk 4 GTi and the other from a SEAT Ibiza Cupra and neither will fit my Arosa without modification. The rear mounts that go into the runners are fine, but the front mount is completely different between the Polo and the Arosa.

The Arosa front mount is identical to the VW Golf Mk 3 and Mk 4 with a central spigot and two Allen bolts, one each side of the spigot, which go into a bracket that's welded to the floor with 3 holes in a straight line. The Polo and Ibiza have a completely different arrangement at the front.

You can fit seats from a Golf Mk 4, but the rear legs need modification as they sit too low for the Arosa and foul the floorpan, so you can't get them into the runners. The legs are steel tubes that need careful cutting and re-welding.

So in summary, the seats that will fit your Arosa without any modification need to come from another Arosa or (I believe) from a Lupo.

Edited by foto2021

Golf Mk4 seats just need a bit of grinding, I've done mine. There's a very helpful guide on here. You can also take the seats apart & use the Golf back rests & cushions on Lupo bases - think the Arosa seats are the same but having never had a close inspection of 'rosa seats I can't be sure.