Seized boot lock HELP

Hi Guys! I'm a newbie to this site and wondered if you could help me with a serious issue i have with my lupo!

The boot lock seems to be stuck open, either through a faulty barrel or corrosion!

Any ideas how to get rid of the corrosion?? to save me having to get a new barrel or if worst comes to worst a new handle and lock.

I couldn't get the key into the lock before but with a lot of WD40 i have got the key in, now it just won't turn!

Remove the plastic trim on the bootlid inside and you'll see the mech for the boot lock, try greasing the latch, Im not sure on the original lock systems as I have a solonoid which pops the boot from a button and has a wire that pulls the latch

Spray some lube in the key slot, & then as said, pop the inner cover & just lube it all, I had similar & it worked for me

• 1 month later...

Ended up having to replace the whole barrel! silly previous owner had lost the boot key (didn't tell me before i bought it, typical) so it wasn't seized. thanks for your help though!