Lupo Gti Engine cutting out (Idle Control Valve?)

Jag

Hello,

When I was driving a while back my car started jolting as though the car had dropped a gear. It happens rarely, once every two to three weeks and I drive short distances everyday. It feels like the car is jumping forward and it happens four or five times quickly and then stops. On top of this when I slow to stop at a junction or lights the car cuts out completely. It starts back up again after about five minutes, but this has happened about seven times now. I got it serviced, but they could not find the fault. I think it might be the Idle Control Valve. I was wondering whether anyone else has had this problem or whether someone knows where I can find the valve so I can have a look.

Thanks

I had something similar on an ABF engine that was the camshaft position sensor.

That would just cut the power without any notice normally whilst slowing. Didn't show on diagnostics because was intermittent. Ended up VAGCOM'ing the car when it happened, to get it to show.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem, the engine cuts out randomly when slowing down - did it when I first bought the car, t hen not for a few months, but now doing it again. But I don't understand the answer suggested, i.e.

'Ended up VAGCOM'ing the car when it happened, to get it to show.'

Can anyone explain what VAGCOM'ing is? Or maybe there's another answer?