quick question for you electronics folk, flip key bastardization

right okay i have installed the rclick rcl in my car moons ago but im fed up always replacing the flip keys because the key always get sloose and hangs out the body instead of sitting in tight,

so ive purchased an oe flip key form ebay for a bargain £1 to transplant the rclick circuit board into it

upon takin git apart i realise the rclick circuit is a fraction too wide for the casing

so heres my question

round the edge of the circuit board theres a track, qhat i want to know can i grind (carefully away half the width of the track and it still work? my thinking is as long as the track isnt broken then current should still flow, am i corrct in thinking this ?

heres a pic of the circuit and where id like to narrow it down? can it be done, i can trim some material away on the inside o fthe key but not enough to not have to narrow the circuit down

img0158lv.jpg

• 2 months later...

Aye you've done it the right way round, if your ever going to compromise track on a cb, it's best to bridge the track with some kynar wire of a similar or greater guage.

Hows it working now and what model of oem key was it?

yea works fine,, casing doesnt clip together as it should anymore due to the amount of plastic i had to trim away but the top half of the key holds it together fine, any vw flip key wil work i used a 2 button one as it was cheaper as my boot doesnt have the solenoid for unlocking anway