TDI Exhaust

R-P

Hey Guys,

Was putting HID's into my Lupo on Friday there and had to put it up on the ramp to get at the fog lamps, anyway while it was up there we noticed that I have a few holes in the exhaust, after a closer inspection it seems that its the original exhaust still from when the car was new, so coming up on 10 years old, I think it would be better to just replace the whole exhaust on the car from the manifold back than to start welding the crap out of it for the sake of another few months.

I have had a look online and cant really find any direct fit systems for the TDI but was hoping that one of you guys may have a suggestion or recommendation on what is best or where is the best place to look?

One idea I had was getting a 16v rear bumper and backbox and doing the centre exit, just welding a straight through pipe from the manifold to the backbox and loosing all the cats, open to suggestions and opinions on this or any other ideas.

I can find any gods amount of aftermarket stuff for the petrol models but the TDI's seem to be a bit harder to find stuff for.

Hey Guys,

Was putting HID's into my Lupo on Friday there and had to put it up on the ramp to get at the fog lamps, anyway while it was up there we noticed that I have a few holes in the exhaust, after a closer inspection it seems that its the original exhaust still from when the car was new, so coming up on 10 years old, I think it would be better to just replace the whole exhaust on the car from the manifold back than to start welding the crap out of it for the sake of another few months.

I have had a look online and cant really find any direct fit systems for the TDI but was hoping that one of you guys may have a suggestion or recommendation on what is best or where is the best place to look?

One idea I had was getting a 16v rear bumper and backbox and doing the centre exit, just welding a straight through pipe from the manifold to the backbox and loosing all the cats, open to suggestions and opinions on this or any other ideas.

I can find any gods amount of aftermarket stuff for the petrol models but the TDI's seem to be a bit harder to find stuff for.

i also want to put a center exhaust on my SDI so it looks like a sport. i was thinking that id have to get some custom exhaust made as the sport and gti have a smaller spare wheel well which allow them to have a center exhaust. and in all honesty if you can get a VW exhaust. may be a bit more expensive but are meant to have a longer guarantee and last longer

See mine is a Sport but I think cause its a diesel it wont be the same as the 16v, I was not sure if the 16v's or GTI's had different wheel wells at the back to be honest, I looked at the center exits on them and they are angled up, I assumed this was to work around the wheel well. If they do it might make it a bit more complicated to fit a Genuine VW Backbox to the car but with the right tail pipe and a welder anything is possible :)

Like yourself I had planned though on using a VW Backbox to keep it all original parts so it would be good to hear from anyone else who might have done this on how possible it is, especially on the wheel well depth issue, is it not as deep on GTI's and 16v's for sure?

Edited by R-P

good question, i'd never had it out only have the car about 2 weeks or so, lol, went and checked and its full size so thats probley the VW backbox out the window, just gonna have to customize one i suppose.

good question, i'd never had it out only have the car about 2 weeks or so, lol, went and checked and its full size so thats probley the VW backbox out the window, just gonna have to customize one i suppose.

My sdi back box could be modified, its strange the way it goes at the moment but it looks like i could modify the tail pipe across. il look for pictures now

http://www.potn.co.uk/remus-volkswagen-lupo-14-tdi-from-98-sports-label-centre-exit-rear-silencer-953501-0568_p4111800.htm

Stupid price IMO. i was just thinking of welding some exhaust pipe from the back box like it is on photo but with the tip off a sport?